finding childcare

Childcare Information Services

Each local authority in Scotland has a Childcare Information Service- they can be contacted by telephone, email or post. Childcare Information Services should hold up-to-date information on all childcare services within your local area, including out of school care, nurseries, childminders and playgroups.

Contact your local authority for further information

Care Inspectorate Website Search Portal

Every registered Out of School Care Service will be searchable within the Care Inspectorate website search facility.

Visit the Care Inspectorate website and click the link to 'Find Care'.

To search for Out of School Care Services, check the box for 'Daycare of Children'.

You can refine your search results by putting in the address or postcode or of where you are looking for care, and also the distance from the postcode to include results from.

Unfortunately, results will also include nurseries as nurseries also come under the Daycare of Children category and there is no way to isolate OSC services, however, you can click on a service in your search results to find out more about it and see if it offers care after school. You can also find contact details for the services here.

last updated: 29/11/2023